Saturday, September 3, 2011

HOME

We made it home from Hungary. 24 hours of travelling and I was starting to see double. I don't think I have mentioned this before, but can I just tell you how thankful I am for my bed... I got in my bed curled up and thought, I have never been so comfortable in all of my life!

I am happy to be home. Although I loved Hungary and meeting my family, there is just something about being home. I can speak and others understand me. I can go to the grocery store and know exactly what everything is. I can cook. I can clean. The air is cool and my bed is warm. I can see my family and friends again. I can order coffee. I can pick my garden. I can walk down the street and not get lost (and even if I do I can ask for directions).

I am so thankful for all God has given me. Coming home I have been wondering why it is that I get to have what I do. Why was I born in Canada? Why was I not born into poverty? I dont have answers for this... but I know that I do not deserve what I do have. I thank God, but also wonder if maybe someone else should have what I have. I do plan on giving what I have to my Ethiopian children, but somehow I still feel undeserving of all the blessing I have.

And again... I am just so happy to be home!


My husband on the other hand, could live this life forever!!

1 comment:

  1. That picture is hilarious :) It was so good to see you guys in church yesterday, and we look forward to getting together with you soon!

    ReplyDelete