Saturday, January 21, 2012

Banner Word

A few weeks back when I had spent some time reflecting on 2011, I also spent time thinking about 2012. I have this deep desire that this year can not be wasted. I have set a few "goals" in my heart, some thoughts that I truly believe in and want to live out. As I thought over the past year, I felt that I had a banner word for the year (and the previous few years as well). The word that came to mind was WAIT. I have written on this before as it was the word that kept coming back to me. As I would spend time with Jesus over the past few years, this word was always in the conversation. Well, I feel like my word has changed for this year. I feel like our word is now FOCUS. It has come up consistently since the New Year. In regards to spending, travelling, working, vacationing, etc. the word whenever questions on these topics arise, has been FOCUS. Arnie and I have been trying hard to crack down on spending. We were tempted by this dirt cheap trip to Mexico and God said nice and clearly to us, Focus my children. So we are trying. We are focusing our hearts first on Jesus, then on where he will lead us. We are saving, working hard, praying and preparing.

Yesterday I went to help a friend out, while I was at her house she prayed for us and for our future child. I felt God say something I had heard a while back from a preacher I listened to, "If you take care of my business, I will take care of yours." To me this means serving God without reservation, caring for those he puts in front of me at work and in life and obeying what He asks me to do in my everyday life. It means if I see a need, I need to take care of it because that is what God asks of me. Now on the other side it also means, that as I care for and obey the work that Jesus asks of me, in return Jesus will take care of all my needs. I don't need to worry about a thing. I don't need to worry about my children because he is taking care of it! I don't need to worry about what I will eat or wear or what I will do because he will take care of it! I love that. I want to live life this way. I may not, actually I know I won't live this out perfectly but God is so good and so gracious to me to allow me to try. He has asked me to take care of a few people he has put in my life, so that is just what I am trying to do. And by God's grace and against all that I deserve, He has and will continue to take care of Arnie, our children and I.

1 John 3: 16-18

 16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

1 comment:

  1. This is kind of out of my comfort zone, but I just came across your page. I saw your faith in your posts. I feel weird for saying this, but I've been struggling with believing in Jesus. I come from a Jewish family and I was always told that Jesus was NOT the son of God and that you could get to heaven by living right, but lately I've been told otherwise.

    I don't know how weird this is, but I really want to know Jesus. I kinda started to believe in him (I think) and I just really want to accept him into my heart, but there is just so much going on lately in my life that I find it hard to. Some of it is just guy stuff but other stuff is just life crashing in general.. I don't know what to do anymore! I feel like there is just a war going on in my head. I didn't know if you would be comfortable shooting me an email or not. Or if you would be more comfortable with your husband emailing me... either way, I just really want to talk to someone about Jesus and God...

    Sorry if this is weird, I definitely feel weird sending this out, but my email is HearMe2008@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete