Saturday, February 9, 2013

Isaac's Baby Shower!!

Last Saturday was Isaac’s baby shower. I wasn’t sure I would ever get to have a baby shower. At points I didn’t know if we’d ever get to have a baby. You might think it is just a baby shower, but it was so much more to me. A 6.5 year long journey to get to this day. Although we have only been in the adoption process for 4.5 years, we have been in the “making a family” process for almost 7 years.
To be perfectly honest, I thought for a while that God had forgotten me. I knew He loved me, but maybe He had forgot about me… In theory I knew this couldn’t be true, but that’s the difference between head knowledge and heart knowledge. On the way to the baby shower it started to sink to my heart. He hadn’t forgotten me. He chose me. He chose Isaac. I just needed to wait a little longer than most people so it could be God’s perfect plan.
I feel, and my opinion is bias, that this was an incredibly unique and special baby shower. The joy was overwhelming as we celebrated this long awaited day. I cried many tears during this day. In fact I snuck out after Lisa prayed for the food because I was so overwhelmed. This day had come and it was perfect. My older sister and my niece were able to fly in and celebrate with me. My closet friends and family were there with me just to celebrate Isaac’s life! If that boy only knew what was waiting for him!!!
I was blessed by every part of the afternoon. Every detail had been carefully and intentionally planned. The coffee was Ethiopian fair trade, the food was from my favorite Ethiopian restaurant, the decorations were African themed. Isaac’s little red chair was even there! I can’t thank my family and friends enough for planning such a perfect baby shower.
On the invitations, Suzie had included a part about donations to bring to the orphanage. I was so excited to see all the gifts that everyone brought for the orphanage! I’ll take some pictures later and post them, it is truly beautiful to see everyone’s hearts for these children they haven’t even met.
And of course I also received gifts for Isaac… it seemed every gift was so carefully thought out and hand picked.
So thank-you to everyone who was a part of this afternoon, thank-you to everyone who has walked this journey with us and thank-you for everyone how loves my son without even have met him.

And now for some pictures:



The "guest book", everyone put their fingerprint to look like balloons!


This was the party favor. It was a mini coffee ceremony; a bag of popcorn and a small box of coffee beans. 

This table had wishes for baby Isaac, prayer cards and a finger-print "guestbook" 
















1 comment:

  1. hey, this baby shower seems so nice. I am totally in love with the details. I too attended a grand baby shower at one the finest rental spaces for parties that was thrown for two of our colleagues. It was so fun and there was creativity abound in this bash. I could’ve imagined myself getting such a shower soon by same lovely colleagues.

    ReplyDelete