Monday, February 14, 2011

A not so Happy Valentine's Day

I was just informed that one of the documents in our recent update needs to be re-done. Apparently the Ethiopian court wants the words changed! Everyone has to do this, but it means for us re-doing what we just did. I could not be more disappointed and frustrated and sad and angry.... and the kicker.... we have to pay about $300 to do this. I'm ready to give up at this point. I'm not sure how much more I can take. Could timing be worse?? If we had found this out before our update was sent for statutory declaration, we could have added the right paper and been fine, but now we get to do the statutory dec. all over again (and pay for it). I am completely discouraged. At times I just think this whole thing is going to blow up in our faces. Nothing has been what it was said to be, which makes it hard to have any hope. I’m not sure how much we should go through? Is there a child waiting for us or are we waiting for everything to end? The hardest part is not being certain of anything. Right now I am praying for just a shred of hope, anything to push us through this. Just one ounce of light at the end of the tunnel to keep us traveling forward through the dark. If anyone finds some, could you share with me?


  1. So ridiculous that you have to pay again! It's just not fair!!!!

  2. Keep going... it is so hard... but it will work out.

  3. Our SD was just completed too... it really stinks doesn't it! But don't give up! When God allows obstacles to land in front of us, it's not necessarily a sign to stop, but rather a reminder to rely on Him. ((Hugs!))