Friday, July 15, 2011

Pain and Healing

The other night my brother went to a healing service. Now before I get too far I want you to know that I believe God heals, I believe that when He says we can heal in Jesus name that we can... that said this healing service was more of the "Health and Wealth" type. They claim that if we proclaim it with our mouths that it will either curse or heal us. So you are supposed to speak health and wealth type statements over yourself and then it will happen. They say that God desires for us all the be in perfect health and that we would not struggle with money. I have a hard time with this for a number of reasons.

First:
John 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Second:
Matthew 5:11

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."

Third:
God did not promise this world would be perfect, in fact he told us it would be full of trouble and hardships! Not that He wants us to be sick and poor....and not that the state of the world does not break his heart. The point is that heaven is perfect...

Bit of a side rant: I can't answer why children die or starve to death or why hideous, awful, things happen to innocent people, but I do believe that God has given us the tools to make a difference. If North America did not consume 80% of the world's goods, starvation would not exist. Sometimes I think we go ahead destroying this world, then when it falls apart we blame God, instead of ourselves.

When I think of my situation, I think of the pain I have been through with infertility and this never ending adoption process....I wouldn't take it back. Sometimes I think God allows us to through these troubles so that we find Him. Not that He is cruel but that He knows in the end it will all be perfect. Healing is for His glory, miracles are for His glory, not ours. I have cried out so many times that God would heal me or bring my children. He has not. And that is ok. Because I have felt Him, He has been beside me, He has not abandoned me. There are days when the pain of waiting is so deep that the only thing that will help me is God's peace. There is absolutely nothing in this world that will help, believe me I have tried! This world will only let me down...but Jesus, oh my Jesus, He just knows. It's not that I want to keep waiting, but when I look back over the past years, my relationship would not be what it is; therefore my pain has brought glory to God. So it is ok. It's ok to be hurt, and it's ok to feel pain.

Cause one day we will rise out of these ashes, we will be with our Jesus and then and only then it will be perfect.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
He will not leave us in pain and suffering, He will come to us! He may not heal us or make us rich...but we are healed in His presence and rich in His love.

And if we think Jesus does not know what it means to suffer in this world...


Isaiah 53

 1 Who has believed our message
   and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? 
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
   and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
   nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. 
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
   a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
   he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

 4 Surely he took up our pain
   and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
   stricken by him, and afflicted. 
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
   he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
   and by his wounds we are healed. 
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
   each of us has turned to our own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
   the iniquity of us all.

 7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
   yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
   and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
   so he did not open his mouth. 
8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away.
   Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
   for the transgression of my people he was punished.

9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
   and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
   nor was any deceit in his mouth.

 10 Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
   and though the LORD makes 
his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
   and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand. 
11 After he has suffered,
   he will see the light of life 
and be satisfied;
by his knowledge
 my righteous servant will justify many,
   and he will bear their iniquities. 
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,
   and he will divide the spoils with the strong,

because he poured out his life unto death,
   and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
   and made intercession for the transgressors.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is good! Thanks for sharing this...yes! All for HIS glory!! Amen. DRc

    ReplyDelete