Monday, July 4, 2011

Camping in the middle of nowhere

This weekend our family decided to pack up and go camping. We grabbed our tents, sleeping bags and some food and headed to Rock Lake, north of Hinton. We knew it would be more of a roughing it camp out but we did not realize how far out it actually was! We had to drive down a windy gravel road for about an hour to finally get to our camp ground. When we got there the water pump was not working, we realized we only had water for a day and that we forgot our propane tank for the stove. We cooked over the fire that night and rationed our water until saturday. Although I don't think we will go back to that campground, we had a great time. The only thing better would have been a couple of black babies along with us :)




We are learning patience every day. Every day when I wake up I have to go to God to ask for endurance for the day. Just enough until tomorrow. Just enough to make it through the day in front of me. And He is faithful. I don't always have joy in the waiting, but there are times when I am reminded that there is no better day then today. I think of the blessings in my life and muster up enough strength to carry on.





One day our day will come, it will be perfect, better then expected and more than we could imagine.



Then I'll go camping again.

1 comment:

  1. You day will come and I want you to know that I am praying for you! This time is so hard, but it will pass.

    Looks like a fun camping trip with those crazy Szabo boys! You got some great action shots.

    ReplyDelete