Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Meanwhile in Hungary

We are having a good time here in Hungary. We have been watching our cousin's kids everyday and going around visiting people. We have so many relatives here and they all have invited us for a meal. So most days we go somewhere for lunch and then to another house for dinner. The morning are free for us so we just go around to the different houses visiting people. The kids are done school at noon so we pick them up then so some more visiting. Today Arnie went out to the porta where one of our cousins has their animals. Right when he got there a goat was giving birth! He came back to get me and told me one goat had been born, when I got there I went in and saw two goats! Then the Mama goat laid down and I witnessed the third coming out. Unfortunately the third had some growths on it's throat and it wasn't able to breath. WHat happened next I didn't ask, Arnie grabbed my arm and we left. He said he didn't want me to see it :( It was sad, I was so proud of the mama goat, but she lost her third baby. He tried to explain that this is just life here, but I'm Canadian and far removed from the process of raising animals. We left for a while so they could deal with the last little baby goat. WE picked up the kids then went back to see them again. They two strong ones were in the pen crying away... so cute! We didn't stay long as we didn't want to stress them out. On the way home the little girl said, "You can take one of those little goats home because you deserve it!" 



1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are are having such a great and adventurous time! I think of you often and your stomach full of knots! Soon you will be on your way!

    ReplyDelete